- Category: Culture Tours
- Last Updated: 03 July 2014
- Arrival in Mother Tereza airport, meet & assisted by our guide. Transfer by bus and accommodation in the hotel.
- Enjoy the welcome dinner in Chateau Linza Hotel with a wonderful view of Tirana.
- Dinner and overnight in the hotel.
Day 2: KRUJA
- Morning departure by bus to the ancient town of Kruja. It is situated in a small mountain at more than 1200 meter above sea level. Kruja is the famous birthplace of Gjergj Kastrioti Skanderbeg, a XV century Albanian leader who resisted the Ottoman Empire for 25 years
- Visit the Old Bazaar with its famous shops full of silver filigree jewelry, authentic folk costumes, woven rugs, and traditional felt hats
- Visit the t he most important sight of Kruja, the citadel. This fortress dates back to the 5th or 6th century Visit the Skanderbeg Museum , built to honor the National Hero of Albania, Gjergj Kastrioti Skanderbeg
- Lunch will be served at a restaurant within the castle walls with traditional Albanian food.
- Turkish coffee comes in the traditional copper pot and is best enjoyed while sitting in the garden facing the majestic mountains, or curled up on the rows of pillows that surround the Turkish tables
- In the afternoon v isit the Ethnographic Museum. It displays the reconstructed interior of an Albanian house circa 1800. Exhibits include 19th century folk dress, as well as traditional copper goods and clay utensils.
- Within walking distance of the citadel are the Turkish baths, a church and rows of medieval houses.
- Return to the hotel. Dinner and overnight in the hotel
Day 3: DURRES
- After breakfast departure to Durres , the ancient Greco-Roman port-city of Dyrrachium
- Visit the town including the Byzantine city walls, Roman amphitheater and the Archaeological Museum
- Lunch at local restaurant
- Departure to Tirana
- Transfer to the airport of Mother Teresa.
Price: Euro 140 (p/p) in double room on half board basis
This price includes:
- Transportation by deluxe air-conditioned motorcoach
- Tours and excursions as per the itinerary
- English speaking guide at disposal
- Accommodation at a 4 star hotel
- Entrance fees
Single room supplement = Euro 15 p/p